Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

November 15th, 2016

Chairman Allen Gemmrig called the regular meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order at 5:00 p.m.


1.    Roll Call Present:

a.   Board Members:

Rita Pensmith                                                Anthony Compton

Allen Gemmrig                                              Heather Gemmrig – Excused

Dave Wenk



Also Present:

Deborah Youngwirth                                      Michael Listman          

Eric Lederhos             


2.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

Rita Pensmith motioned to approve the minutes of the previous month’s meeting.  Allen Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.


3.    Treasurer’s Report

Anthony Compton motioned to approve the treasurer’s report as presented, Rita Pensmith seconded, motion carried.


4.     Old Business:

a.   Octane Units – Eric Lederhos stated that a company out of Canada bought the rights to Larcan and they are repairing all equipment now.  Eric talked to someone that may be able to walk him through what is needed to fix the units.  For the company to even look at the equipment it is $750 and they will tell you what is wrong.  Eric’s contact stated that he would ask around to see if he could find anyone interested in the octane units and if that doesn’t work, he suggested placing them for on Ebay.    

b. FAA Changes on Lights on Tower - Allen Gemmrig will check into this further.

c. NAB Registration – registration is taken care of.

d.   Verizon Agreement for New Tower – Anthony Compton would like to have more time to review the agreement and would like to have this item posted to the One Drive   


5.    Maintenance Report

a.     Eric Lederhos stated he had several items that he worked on this month.  The FM translators are all running now and in good shape.  The Priest Lake Search and Rescue equipment was causing interference with the FM transmission.  Anthony Compton stated it sounds like they need a directional antenna to help with the problem.  Eric did a lot of the bench cleanup that was being asked to be done and presented pictures of what was done. 

b.     Tracks for side by side – Eric Lederhos found a company that is willing to replace the tracks on the back without having to purchase for the front.  The front tracks are currently ok.    

c.     Larcan has one of our translators for repair. A new company has purchased the rights to this and will be providing the service.   



a.   Revenue and Usage – Mike Listman discussed the free advertising that is being offered until the end of the year.  Hoping to start getting the information out to the community to get more people on the list to advertise.  Mike has put together a rate structure for advertising fees to charge and will provide that to the board.    

b.   Programming – Channel 9, KBCI is up and running and currently broadcasting the community bulletin.

c.   Equipment – The muxer is on the way and should be here soon to be installed in the studio.  Mike Listman is currently working on the sound and has permission from Blue Sky Broadcasting to stream the AM station. Discussion surrounded if this was the appropriate content to have playing or if more music and less talk radio would be better suited.  Some additional equipment will be needed to do this.

d.   Community – Mike Listman stated that he will have an intern student working at the station as part of his senior project.

e.   Promotion – No Update


7.     New Business:

a.     The website and Facebook page is now set up.  The email address needs to be changed as it currently is kicking back to TechPartners and needs to have an independent email address specific to the station. 


8.    Emergency Response Committee Report:

      a.   No Update.


9.    Tax Waiver Applications:

a.     None


10. Executive Session:

a.     None.   


Rita Pensmith motioned to adjourn, Anthony Compton seconded, motion carried.


Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 at 5 p.m. @ Bonners Ferry Visitors Center.