Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

September 20th, 2016

Chairman Allen Gemmrig called the regular meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order at 5:00 p.m.

 

1.     Roll Call Present:

a.   Board Members:

Rita Pensmith                                                 Anthony Compton

Allen Gemmrig                                               Heather Gemmrig

Ed Giuliani

 

Also Present:

Marlaina Davy                                    Eric Lederhos

Michael Listman                                 Laura Compton

 

2.     Minutes of Previous Meeting

Anthony Compton motioned to approve the minutes of the previous month’s meeting as presented, Heather Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

 

3.     Treasurer’s Report

Rita Pensmith motioned to approve the treasurer’s report as presented, Anthony Compton seconded, motion carried.

            North Idaho Connection’s account is paid in full.

 

4.      Old Business:

a.   Octane Units – Rita Pensmith has been in contact with another translator district in Colorado.  Rita will see if we can get $10,000.00 in trade value for both of the Octaine units.   We need muxers which are similar to the Octane units.  The Octaine units are a Larcan product.  Eric Lederhos will talk to Larcan to see if they can trade with us.  Eric will be in touch with Rita on the response from Larcan.. Tabled to the October meeting.

b.   Installation of Camera Update – The router is up.  Eric is scheduled to finalize it on Thursday.

c.   Black Mountain Bid - Letter to Verizon - Approved as written.

d.   Black Mountain Site Cleanup - Eric has not been back to the site.  The site cleanup will be done by December 31st, 2016.

e.   The Copper Creek exhaust fan has not been installed yet.  The first set of propane tanks have been brought down.  Eric is planning on installing the exhaust fan when they return the propane tanks.

 

5.     Maintenance Report

a.   Eric does not know of any issues.

b.   The ASI unit has been installed.  Michael Listman and Rita Pensmith are having pixilation issues at their residence.  Eric has looked at it at the shop and it is getting good reception at the shop.  Rita will contact Eric when they are having pixilation so he can troubleshoot the issue.

c.   Judy Weible has been in contact with Rita Pensmith and Allen Gemmrig and E.L. Automation. It was decided the issue is with her equipment not the signal.

 

6.      STUDION OPERATIONS REPORT:

a.   Revenue and Usage – No Update

b.   Programming – No Update  

c.   Equipment – Tech Partner has been getting notification that the channel 9 is still not working.  A good signal is still not being able to be sent out.  Eric Lederhos can turn up the delays a little bit more.  Eric Lederhos had not heard that people were still having issues once the ASI was changed out.  Eric is asking the Board to contact him when the pixilation is happening so he can log in and troubleshoot the issue.  Michael Listman said that Channel 22 is crystal clear.  Michael would like to use the new muxer on Channel 22 so we can start programming on Channel 9.  At the studio a good pictures is received on Channel 9 but at the Tech Partner store Channel 9 gets pixilation if they can get it to come in.  Anthony Compton will try to get the station at home tonight.  We have a separate broadcast for Channel 9 and we are shooting towards the Canadian border with the analog signal.  Eric will take an antenna and signal test meter downtown to see if we can tilt the antenna down a little to not overshoot the valley.  Rita finds it interesting that she gets all the other Channels perfectly but not the Channel 9 station.  This might be a transmitter or antenna repeater.  The Antenna has been up on the mountain for a long time.  Michael Listman would like to switch Channels 9 and 22 in the interest of selling advertising and get the Channel up and running.  Allen Gemmrig said that we have to get this up and running because we are loosing money.  The muxer lists for $10,000.00 each.  If we purchase the muxer units it would solve the Channel 9 issues per Michael Listman and it would allow us to add more channels in the future.  Michael Listman said we could make one unit work but he would rather have two channels.  Allen suggests that Eric Lederhos, Rita Pensmith and Michael Listman get together to see if they can come up with a solution to get something usable on the mountain.  We could switch Channel 9 and 22 so we could get a rock solid signal on Channel 9 allowing us to sell advertising.  Eric will swap over the Channel 9 and 22 when he is at the mountain on Thursday.

d.   Community – No Update

e.   Promotion – No Update

 

7.      New Business:

a.   Lease Agreement Trip Charge Rates - We will need to add wording to the Lease Agreement that the District will pay for the installation orientation, but after the orientation visit the tenant will be charged for our subcontractor to visit the site.  After the first trip our subcontractor will direct bill any trip charges to the tenant.  Anthony thought that we would need to have E.L. Automation check the installation and that cost would be billed by E.L. Automation.  If the inspection needs to happen right away the physical improvements to the building will be billed to the Translator District but site service charges for a tenant will be billed to the tenant by E.L. Automation. Tabled to the October meeting.

b.   Microsoft Office one Note Account - Anthony will send out a new link to the Board and Deborah Youngwirth's Office.

c.   Youngwirth, Davis & Associates - Approved

d. FAA Changes on lights on the tower.  We will need to look at the new marking and lights on the tower.  Tabled to the October Meeting.

e.   Ed Guilian is moving out of state and will no longer own property in the county.  Ed verbally announced his resignation as a board member as of the September 2016 meeting.

 

8.     Emergency Response Committee Report:

      a.   No Update.

 

9.     Tax Waiver Applications:

a.       None

 

10.Executive Session:

a.   None.

 

Anthony Compton motioned to adjourn, Rita Pensmith seconded, motion carried.

 

Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 at 5 p.m. @ Bonners Ferry Visitors Center.