Boundary County T

Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

August 22nd, 2016

Chairman Allen Gemmrig called the special meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order at 5:30 p.m.

 

1.     Roll Call Present:

a.       Board Members:

Rita Pensmith                          Anthony Compton                  Ed Giuliani

Allen Gemmrig                       Heather Gemmrig                  

 

Also Present:

Marlaina Davy                        Nick Johnson

 

2.     Questions Regarding Bid Documents From Attorney

a.       Allowed work site – The work will be completed in the parking lot and  in between the translator buildings and the railroad building per the agreement with the Forest Service.. 

b.      Bid with or without moving the cabin – Anthony Compton motioned if the bid must be submitted in 2016 to bid the document with the removal of the cab and the movement of the cab to a prepared site a half (1/2) mile down the road.  If the site is not prepared at the time of the removal of the cabin, the cabin will be placed on the Black Mountain site at the Forest Service’s direction and become the Forest Services responsibility to be move to then new site.  Rita Pensmith seconded, motion passed.

c.       Heather Gemmrig motioned to ask the Forest Service the following questions before making a decision to bid the tower:

            i. How long does to it take to approve an amendment?

            ii. Can we amend the tower height to 120’-140’ instead f 120’?

            iii. What do we need to do to amend the location of the new tower?

            iv. What is the time line that we must build the tower in and can we extend the deadline until December 2017?

            v. What is the plan for the movement of the house to new the new location?

Ed Giuliani seconded, motion carried.

d.      Anthony Compton motioned to contact Verizon with the following questions before making a decision to bid the tower:

            i. Is it an emergency or a necessity to construct the tower in 2016 given the upcoming weather conditions and the time restraint or can the construction wait until 2017?

            ii. Does Verizon want to see the bid specs before the project is bid?

            iii. Is Verizon alright with the new tower location that the Forest Service has approved?

e.       Anthony Compton motioned to schedule a special meeting if the Forest Service or Verizon were not in favor of postponing the bidding until spring 2017.  Rita Pensmith Seconded, motion carried.

 

Heather Gemmrig motioned to adjourn, Ed Giuliani seconded, motion carried.