Boundary County T

Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

May 17th, 2016

Chairman Allen Gemmrig called the regular meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order at 5:05 p.m.

 

1.     Roll Call Present:

a.       Board Members:

Rita Pensmith                                                  Anthony Compton

Allen Gemmrig                                               Heather Gemmrig

 

Also Present:

Deborah Youngwirth                                      Michael Listman

Ed Giuliani                                                     

 

2.     Minutes of Previous Meeting

Rita Pensmith motioned to approve the minutes of the previous month’s meeting as presented, Heather Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

 

3.     Treasurer’s Report

Rita Pensmith motioned to approve the treasurer’s report as presented, Heather Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

 

4.     Old Business:

a.       Octane Units – Eric Lederhos not present to give update.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting.

b.      Installation of Camera Update – Eric Lederhos not present to give update.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting.

c.       ICRMP Insurance – renewal presented.  Michael Listman will provide a list of new equipment added at the TV station and will get that list to Darrell Kerby. 

d.      Aged Receivables Update – North Idaho.net made a payment of $500 in May.  Anthony Compton will call him to remind him of the need to stay current.

e.       Tower Replacement Bid Specs – Eric Lederhos not present to give update.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting.

 

5.     Maintenance Report

a.       FM Translator Quote –Eric Lederhos not present to give update.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting.     

 

6.      STUDION OPERATIONS REPORT:

a.       Revenue and Usage – Full report to be given next month.

b.      Programming – Channel 9-1 is up and running.  We are licensed for four channels.  The Pursuit Channel (Outdoor Channel) is currently available for rebroadcast and we are waiting to hear back on this.  

c.       Equipment – Cameras are up and running but we need a router installed to link up the connection.  Rita Pensmith motioned to approve the purchase of a router, Anthony Compton seconded, motion carried. 

d.      Community – Nothing to update.

e.       Promotion – Going to start selling advertising.

 

7.      New Business:

a.       NTS Meeting Update – Some of the items discussed were the upcoming auction of licenses.  Several channels will be unavailable due to the upcoming changes.  Rita Pensmith mentioned that it would be nice to have a mapping of what is rebroadcast on our channels.  Anthony Compton is working on a cloud account to share files and files such as the mapping could be placed on this.  It was further discussed that it will be several years before we will start losing channels.    

b.      Board Member Position – Ed Giuliani submitted an application to become a board member.  Anthony Compton motioned to approve the application submitted pending approval of the county commissioners.  Rita Pensmith seconded. 

 

8.     Emergency Response Committee Report:

a.       No Update.

 

9.     Tax Waiver Applications:

a.       Larry Hosterman – 8756 Old Highway 2 Loop – Eric Lederhos not present to discuss what was determined on service availability to this property.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting. 

 

Rita Pensmith motioned to adjourn, Heather Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, June 21st, 2016 at 5 p.m. @ Bonners Ferry Visitors Center.