Boundary County T

Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

 

Oct 18th, 2011

Vice-Chairman Barry Coleman called the regular meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order.      

 

1.     Roll Call Present:

a.       Board Members:

Barry Coleman                                   Michael Listman - LOA

Rita Pensmith – LOA                         Anthony Compton     

Roger Fraser                                        Allen Gemmrig

 

Also Present:

Eric Lederhos                                      Deborah Youngwirth

Dan Myers                                          Robert Periton

 

2.     Minutes of Previous Meeting

Allen Gemmrig motioned to approve last month’s minutes and Roger Fraser seconded, motion carried.

 

3.     Treasurer’s Report

a.       Allen Gemmrig motioned to approve treasurer’s report as presented Roger Fraser seconded, motion carried.

 

4.     Old Business:

a.                   Surplus equipment update – Nick Johnson provided a list of equipment that needs to be disposed of.  Anthony Compton motioned to sell the three snowmobiles to Eric Lederhos for a total of $249 that will be reflected as a credit on our next month’s billing.  All other equipment on the list will be reviewed for FMV and addressed at next month’s meeting.

b.                  Site Standards Changes – some correction of typos and language.  Each board member will review and get back with changes – all changes will need to be final by January, 2012 meeting date.  Draft changes will be completed and a draft letter to accompany site standards will be completed by the board so send to all renters.

c.                   BPS Update from Roger Fraser - BPS Estimate – for Larcan Translators – no update from BPS – we currently have no spare – Roger Fraser will call and follow up – Roger had to leave meeting early and was not in attendance to report on.  Tabled to next month’s meeting.

 

 

5.     Maintenance Report

a.       Copper Creek Generator – a contact was made at USFS and they sounded pretty open to considering options needed to do what needs to be done there. We have spent an additional $3,000 when we have a quote for a new generator of $3900.  The board would be willing to approve purchase of a new generator pending due diligence review of what FMV is for similar generators.  Homeland Security may have a spare generator that we can have, but we have been unable to make contact with them. 

b.      Talked to Dillion Benefield regarding antennae changes needing to be done – nothing scheduled yet.

c.       Nick Johnson questioned why Verizon has never been charged a utility cost for power, where the base $50 charge is charged to all other renters.  The total rent received has been applied to the balance owed for cost to build the building on Black Mountain.  This was per an agreement dated several years ago when the building was constructed.  The board would like to consider this further and discuss at a future meeting.   

                                                         

                    

6.     New Business:

a.       Gene Tashoff – Disputing signal and charge – does get some radio signal – he will discuss with his state representative to see if changes can be made to state code.

b.      Dan Myers – Disputing signal and charge – will submit exemption request and wait to have tested.

c.       Debbie Aaron Letter – Do not receive signal – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

d.      Debby Ackley Letter – Do not receive signal – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

e.       Leo Sanders Letter – Do not receive signal – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

f.       Ray Jean Adams Letter – Do not receive signal – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

g.      Frank & Kathy Stevens Letter – Do not receive signal – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

h.      Marie Tashoff Letter – disagree with decision – was tested for radio and was deemed to have radio signal.

                                                              i.      For all of the above, the letter will state reference to Idaho Code Title 31 and the statement that satellite television service does not meet requirements for exemption.

i.        Gary Garrett – is getting interference on Black Mountain – appears to be the equipment that belongs to Gary Gage.  Garrett has made attempts to resolve with Gage but with no success.  Garrett would like to change the megahertz level in order to compensate until he gets his license request approved through FCC.  Barry Coleman recommended a letter be drafted to Gage regarding the complaint filed by Garrett to request additional information to determine if Gage is causing interference with Garrett’s equipment.  Anthony Compton stated he would prefer to make a phone call to Gage to determine what the other side of the story is.  Roger Fraser stated his concerns on not addressing this issue with Gage in a public forum at a regularly scheduled board meeting.  Anthony Compton stated time is an issue when Garrett’s customers are not getting service he is providing.  Anthony Compton recommended Garrett put his request in writing and copy Gage on it so that Gage can address this issue with all involved.  If needed, Anthony Compton will call Gage to request him to attend a meeting to address the complaint. 

j.        Anti-terrorism Coverage – Allen Gemmrig motioned to approve signing Rejection of Anti-Terrorism Coverage.

 

7.     Emergency Response Committee Report:

a.       None.

 

8.     Tax Waiver Applications:

a.       None

 

  Anthony Compton motioned to adjourn, Allen Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, November 15th , 2011, 5:00 p.m.  @ Bonners Ferry Visitors Center.