Boundary County T

Boundary County Translator District

Regular Meeting—Board of Directors

 

May 24th, 2011

Vice-Chairman Barry Coleman called the regular meeting of the Boundary County Translator District Board of Directors to order.      

 

1.     Roll Call Present:

a.       Board Members:

Barry Coleman                                   Michael Listman - Excused

Rita Pensmith - Excused                     Anthony Compton     

Roger Fraser                                        Allen Gemmrig

 

Also Present:

Nick Johnson                                      John Bartnett

Deborah Youngwirth

 

2.     Minutes of Previous Meeting

Allen Gemmrig motioned to approve last month’s minutes and Anthony Compton seconded, motion carried.

 

 

3.     Treasurer’s Report

a.       Anthony Compton motioned to approve treasurer’s report as presented Allen Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

b.      Nick Johnson mentioned people were calling looking for site requirements on the website for translator and they have not yet been updated to the site.  Mike Listman will be asked to follow up with this.

 

4.     Old Business:

a.                   Snowmobile surplus and upgrade – Nick has established a list of surplus equipment and is looking into options for disposal.  Will get an update on this at next month’s meeting.

b.                  New board member information packet – this item tabled to next month’s meeting as Rita was to give an update.

c.                   Signature Cards – need updated signature cards for banks.

d.                  Avista – history of after hours use – this issue tabled to next month’s meeting as we are still awaiting information.

e.                   Replacement of rock station with new station – old station went out of business and that was reason for change.  This item tabled to next month’s meeting pending further information.

 

 

5.     Maintenance Report

a.       Ran out of propane at Copper Creek.  Will need to make decision on power source at this location soon.  Nick discussed opportunity to install upgrade to windmill currently on site.  There is some concern with Forest Service approval of any changes made.  The question is would the change be a replacement of what is there or install of new equipment. 

b.      We have no spare transmitters at this time and we had two kick out recently.  Nick asked about possibility of HD equipment.  We need to have a plan for backups but Anthony stated he was not too interested in going into HD at this time as we have other places to focus investment on with Copper Creek power supply and towers at Black Mountain.

c.       We need to look at antennae usage at Black Mountain if Blue Sky Broadcasting does not update their antennae.  A new antennae would cost about $300-$400.  Nick will follow up with Dylan at Blue Sky Broadcasting to find out what direction they are going.

d.      Allen asked about why 3ABN is down.  Nick was unaware it was and will look into.                                                     

                    

6.     New Business:

a.       Boundary County Asset Forms Update – The office is working on completing forms for each piece of equipment the translator owns in which an ID tag will be issued from The County.  The form has been completed and submitted for the snowmobile authorized for sale by board at last month’s meeting.

b.      John Bartnett – update on NTA meeting – Mike Listman was inquiring about the ability to add channels and John discussed the ways to do this.  The base price for the box to do this is about $8,000 and cards would be added as needed.  Two cards can be used in each box which would give four inputs.  Allen asked about possibility of channel guide being added and John stated that was possible.  Roger asked if content was discussed and it was not.  The translator would have the ability to transmit whatever content it chose.  Next year’s NTA meeting will be held in Alburquerque, New Mexico.

 

7.     Emergency Response Committee Report:

a.       Major concern currently is flooding concerns.  In particular Flower Creek Dam as not much is holding the dam.

 

8.     Tax Waiver Applications:

a.       None

 

 

 Anthony Compton motioned to adjourn the meeting, Allen Gemmrig seconded, motion carried.

     

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, June 21st , 2011, 5:00 p.m.  @ Bonners Ferry Visitors Center.